5th Grade Camp Information
You can now make 5th grade camp payments online!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING CAMP PAYMENTS
- Log into Family Access
- If you have more than one child, be sure to click on your 5th grade student
- Click on the Fee Management tab
- Click on Add a Fee (You only have to do this one time, once the fee is added to your child’s account, you only need click on Make a Payment)
- Select (Angell, Burton, Rogers, Norup, Pattengill) Camp
- Click on the Back Button in the top right corner
- The Camp Fee will now be listed in your Fees
- Select Make a Payment
- You will be directed out of Family Access to the RevTrak site to make your payment
- Select Purchase Fees
- Add the amount of the camp payment you wish to pay in the bottom right corner.
- Select the button Add Selected to Cart next to your 5th grade student’s name
- Follow the instructions on the site to complete the payment.
Norup International Dress Code
NIS encourages students to dress in a manner which will allow the most individual freedom and comfort while still maintaining a businesslike atmosphere in which to work and learn. The following dress code regulations are for school and school related activities (including school dances):
- Shorts and skirts must be appropriate in length and provide the appropriate cover while standing or sitting for both boys and girls.
- No bare midriffs or bare backs for both boys and girls.
- Cleavage or undergarments should not be exposed for both boys and girls.
- Leggings, yoga pants and other form fitting pants are acceptable provided that the material is not see through. This applies to both boys and girls.
- No hats or bandanas; head apparel worn for medical or religious purposes are allowed.
- Clothing advertising or mentioning controlled substances (including drugs and alcohol), or containing inappropriate language is prohibited.
- For safety reasons, appropriate shoes should be worn on the playground and during physical education classes. For the playground, shoes must have closed toes and heels. PE classes require clean tennis shoes with a non-marking sole.
Flyers from Mr. Yowchuang's Newsletters
Free Study Skills Class (added 10/9/2017)
Tech Treehouse Flyer (added 9/25/17)
Writer's Workshop Flyer 10-14 (added 9/25/17)
BAAPN Saturdays for Success Flyer and Registration (added 9/25/17)
TCC Teen Drug and Alcohol Presentation Flyer (added 9/25/17)
8th grade Trip to UDM permission slip (added 9/11/17)
Box Tops Contest Flyer (added 9/11/17)
Box Tops Contest Flyer (added 9/11/17)
Box Tops 2017-18 Collection Sheet (added 9/11/17)
Box Tops Bonus Collection Sheet 2017-18 (added 9/11/17)
5th grade music options letter (added 4/17)
Next Year 8th grader elective form (added 3/2/17)
Next Year 7th grader elective form (added 3/2/17)
Next Year 6th grader elective form (added 3/2/17)
Google Permission Slip (added 9/26/16)
Grade 6 Orientation
It is school district policy that middle school and elementary students, district wide, remain in school and on campus for the lunch hour. Students eat lunch in the gymnasium and remain on campus throughout the lunch period, unless they are signed-out in the office by a parent or guardian.
Lunch Prices: $2.80 for PYP and $3.05 for MYP (Milk a la carte is 60 cents)
Breakfast is served from 7:30 until 8:05. The cost is $1.50.
"Smart Snacks" - USDA Standards for Food Served in Schools
Daily & Recess Lunch Schedule
Recess Safety Rules
NIS October Breakfast Menu
NIS October PYP Menu
NIS October MYP Menu
BSD Food Service information
Schools of Choice
The Berkley Board of Education has approved Schools of Choice slots for the 2017-18 school year. Learn more details about the number of slots, grades and timelines on the Schools of Choice website.
Student Health & Medication
IMMUNIZATIONS: Oakland County - Health Division
Asthma Management Plan
Diabetes Action Plan
Food Allergy Action Plan
Lice: Parent Handbook
Lice: Public Health Fact Sheet
Lice Treatment Checklist
Prescription Medication Form
Non-prescription Medication Form
Seizure Disorder Management Plan
Strep Throat: Public Health Fact Sheet
Student Responsibility Form (for self-administration of medication)
Parents are encourage to volunteer in classrooms, chaperone field trips, and be a volunteer driver. In order to volunteer, all parents volunteering in the classroom or during school sponsored functions or field trip must complete the Volunteer Release Form prior to any activities. Parents driving or chapperoning a field trip must have the Volunteer Driver Form and Chapperone Responsibility Form completed in addition to the Volunteer Release Form. All forms can be found on the District Volunteer/Chaperone page.